Last updated: July 1st, 2021
1. Who is 1047 Games, Inc.
1047 Games, Inc. is the studio behind the game Splitgate, formerly Splitgate: Arena Warfare and Wormhole Wars. For more information on Splitgate and where to play the Game, please visit our full website https://www.splitgate.com.
2. What information do we collect and why we collect it
The information 1047 Games collects broadly falls into 2 categories. Information we collect on our website, and information that you provide to 1047 Games directly and voluntarily.
A. Information collected - Website
Information you provide directly to 1047 Games:
Our website may ask you to provide personal information directly and voluntarily to 1047 Games. For example, we may ask you to submit personal information to subscribe to our mailing list. We will also likely collect personal information from you if you enter a tournament for Splitgate. The personal information you provide for tournaments and/or events will likely include your full name, date of birth, email address. This information may be needed to register you for events, ensure compliance with age requirements for certain events, and to contact you if you were to win an event.
If your team wins an event or tournament, we may need additional personal information to distribute the awards. The additional information may include personal identification documents, Paypal address(es), and a home address.
For two months, with permission, 1047 Games may use your full name on social media to inform others who won the event or tournament.
For up to six months, 1047 Games may use your Gamertag, unless notified otherwise, to inform others on who won the event or tournament.
Automatically collected information:
When visiting our Website we automatically collect information that may be considered personal information in the UK and European Economic Area.
This automatically collected information may include your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, broad geographic location (e.g., country or city-level) and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our Website, including the pages accessed and links clicked.
We use this information to better understand our users, their experience, and what types of content interests them.
Information from 3rd Party Sources
Please be aware that 1047 Games does utilize other 3rd party websites, such as YouTube, Reddit, Twitter, etc. 1047 Games does not control how your information is used on these other websites. However, we may receive aggregated engagement information from them in relation to your activity on our page(s), such as page views, likes, dislikes, tweets, retweets, replies, follows, favourites, links, mentions, hashtags, or subscriptions to our channels. Please review the privacy policies provided by the operators of each of these websites if you would like further information about how these third parties collect, use and share your data, your privacy rights and how to change your privacy settings.
B. Information Collected - Game
In order to enable certain features within Splitgate (such as match-making and use of the "Friends List"), your platform may provide us with certain information regarding your ID, online presence, country, language, etc.
Analytics and Analysis
When you play Splitgate, we may receive analytics and analysis across your interaction with Splitgate and your platform of choice. This information is obtained by your platform and will be processed by them in accordance with their own privacy notice and terms. We receive this information to better improve the quality of Splitgate for users.
C. Information we obtain directly from you or your device
Playing our Game
When you play Splitgate, we may obtain further information from you directly. For example, we may collect:
1. Player information from you, such as your status within a game, your score and ranking as well as any friends you may connect with through Splitgate.
2. Online identifiers such as your in-game alias, IP address, identifiers that we assign to your account, or information about your hardware or operating system based on your identifiers.
3. Technical information about the device you use to play Splitgate (for example, information about its type, model, manufacturer, operating system, language, display, processor or memory).
4. Your general location (for example, country, state or city) inferred from your IP address.
5. Information about your use of Splitgate (for example, information about your progress in our game.
6. Crash logs or other information related to bugs, errors or other issues with Splitgate.
7. Inferences that we make based on your activity in Splitgate.
8. Where you use in-game social features such as messaging / live audio, (for example, if you send chat messages in Splitgate) your messages will be sent to the message recipient through our systems. However, we do not store written messages; and we encrypt and hash any audio communications that we retain (i.e. so we cannot access the underlying audio content once it has been sent).
9. Any other information you choose to submit to us through Splitgate or otherwise.
10. Any other information, with your consent.
We do not expect or intend to collect or otherwise process any special categories of data relating to you. This includes your genetic, biometric or health information, information revealing racial or ethnic origin, sex life or sexual orientation, political opinions. Please do not provide this sort of information to use or use Splitgate to make it available to others.
D. Information Collected - Additional Sources
We may receive personal information about you from third party sources (including social media and gaming console companies, where you have an account), but only where we have checked that these third parties either have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted or required to disclose your personal information to us.
E. How we use the information
We typically use the information we receive about you in relation to Splitgate:
1. To enable you to play Splitgate.
2. To provide you with the correct version of Splitgate (for example, selecting an appropriate language version for you).
3. Where available, to enable you to communicate with other users in Splitgate (for example, by enabling in-game chat or similar features).
4. To send you service-related communications (for example, technical notices, security alerts and administrative messages).
5. To operate and maintain Splitgate (for example, by making sure Splitgate is secure and functions as intended).
6. To troubleshoot or debug any bugs, errors or other issues.
7. To measure and analyse the use of Splitgate or data we collect through Splitgate (for example, to discover trends or other insights).
8. To improve Splitgate or develop new services.
9. To conduct surveys or other research to learn more about our users.
10. To create aggregated and anonymized data that does not identify you, so we can use this freely.
11. To personalize your gameplay in Splitgate based on your activity.
12. To provide you with offers and rewards in Splitgate based on your activity.
13. Where available, to enable your gameplay across multiple devices.
14. Where available, to provide social features (e.g. match-making, leader boards) or other events in Splitgate.
15. To respond to support requests or otherwise manage our relationship with you.
16. To ensure Splitgate is a safe and fair environment for all users by moderating and monitoring the use of Splitgate (including any messages sent through Splitgate), either automatically or manually..
17. Where permitted by law, to send you communications about Splitgate and other offers, rewards or news that we think you may be interested in.
18. To detect, investigate or prevent fraud or fraudulent behavior.
19. Where permitted or required for our legal or compliance obligations.
20. For any other purposes, where we have your consent.
3. Who does 1047 Games share information with?
We may disclose your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
2. To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation, (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights, or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person;
4. Legal basis for processing personal information (EEA and UK individuals only)
If you are a player from the European Economic Area or the UK (or you visit our website from the EEA or the UK), our legal basis for collecting and using the personal information described above will depend on the personal information concerned and the specific context in which we collect it.
5. Our Website
When you visit our website, we will normally collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (e.g. if we need this information to provide you with a service you have requested); (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and are not overridden by your rights (e.g. where we are carrying out analytics on our website usage; or responding to a query that you have sent to us), or (iii) where we have your consent to do so (e.g. where you have signed up to our mailing list).
When you enter one of our competitions or tournaments, we will normally collect personal information from you (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (e.g. where you have submitted an entry to the competition, to run the competition; or where we need to provide you with your prize); (ii) where we are under a legal obligation to collect this information from you (e.g. to verify your age prior to competition entry); or (iii) where we have your consent to do so (e.g. where you are announced as a winner and we wish to publish your details).
Where we need your information for the purposes of fulfilling our contract with you in relation to a competition, or because of our legal obligations in relation to the same, you will not be allowed to enter the competition (or win a prize) if you do not provide us with this information.
When you play Splitgate, we collect personal information from you only (i) where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (i.e., to give you access to Splitgate and let you play the game); (ii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights (i.e., to carry out in-game analysis and analytics to improve Splitgate or develop new games), or (iii) where we have your consent to do so. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you (i.e. to verify your age in order to play the game) or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
If we ask you to provide personal information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contract with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information).
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal information, please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
B. Cookies and similar tracking technology
6. How does The 1047 Games keep my personal information secure?
We use appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect the personal information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your personal information. Specific measures we use include – e.g., encrypting your personal information in transit and at rest.
7. International data transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country.
Specifically, our servers are located worldwide; and our group companies, partners and third-party service providers operate around the world. This means that when we collect your personal information, we may process it in any of these countries.
8. Data retention
We only retain information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymise it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
9. Automated decision-making
In some instances, our use of your personal information may result in automated decisions being taken that impact your ability to use Splitgate.
Automated decisions mean that a decision concerning you is made automatically on the basis of a computer determination (using software algorithms), without our human review. For example, we use an automated anti-cheat system, to automatically flag if certain activities suggest that you are cheating or using Splitgate in breach of our Terms of Service. If we conclude that you have been cheating, or breaching our Terms of Service, we may restrict you from playing Splitgate in the future.
When we make an automated decision about you, you have the right to contest the decision, to express your point of view, and to require a human review of the decision. You can exercise this right by contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
10. Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
1. If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
2. In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
3. You have the right to opt-out of marketing communications we send you at any time. You can exercise this right by clicking on the “unsubscribe” or “opt-out” link in the marketing e-mails we send you. To opt-out of other forms of marketing (such as postal marketing or telemarketing), then please contact us using the contact details provided under the “How to contact us” heading below.
4. Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
5. You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details: firstname.lastname@example.org
The data controller of your personal information is 1047 Games, Inc.